Foster care is an important part of our society. It provides a safe and supportive home for children and young people who are unable to live with their birth families.
Foster carers are dedicated to giving these children and young people the love, care, and support they need. Foster care quotes provide words of encouragement and support for those involved in the foster care system.
These inspiring quotes are a reminder of the importance of foster care and how it can change the lives of children and young people in need.
Quotes about foster care can be inspirational, humorous, or thought-provoking.
They can be used to uplift and motivate both foster carers and those in foster care. They can also provide insight into the challenges of foster care and the rewards that come with it.
For foster carers, foster care quotes can provide a reminder of why they do what they do.
They can be a source of comfort and strength when times are tough, and a reminder of the profound impact they have on the lives of the children they care for.
For those in foster care, foster care quotes can remind them that they are loved and worthy of love.
They can provide a source of hope and encouragement that they are not alone in their struggles.
Quotes about foster care can also be a way to spread awareness and celebrate the foster care system.
They can be used to start meaningful conversations about the challenges of foster care and the ways that people can support foster carers and those in foster care.
Whether you’re a foster carer, in foster care, or just want to show your support for foster care, quotes about foster care can be a great way to express your feelings.
So, if you’re looking for inspiring, uplifting, and thought-provoking foster care quotes, you’ve come to the right place.
We’ve collected some of the best quotes about foster care to help spread awareness and celebrate the importance of foster care.
55 Powerful Foster Care Quotes To Encourage You Now.
The best gift you can give anyone is to be an encouragement to him/her when they need to be encouraged. Use any of these foster care quotes to support any foster care parent you know. They will never forget this gesture of love from you.
1)“Families don’t have to match. You don’t have to look like someone else to love them.”–Leigh Anne Tuohy.
2) “You may be in our home for a season but you’ll be in our hearts forever.”
3) “Little souls find their way to you, whether they’re from your womb or someone else’s.”
— Sheryl Crow
4) “Family is not defined by our genes; it is built and maintained through love.”
5) “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
— Mark Twain.
6) “You might be temporary in their lives, they might be temporary in yours. But there is nothing temporary about the love or the lesson.”
— Tonia Christle
7) “Unconditional love is not based on the performance of the receiver, but on the character of the giver.”
— Jack Frost
8) “We need to share responsibility. It’s easy to say ‘It’s not my child, not my community, not my problem.’ Then some see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes.”
— Fred Rogers.
9) “Children born to another woman call me ‘mom’. The magnitude of that tragedy and the depth of that privilege is not lost on me.”
— Jody Landers.
10) “Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you.”
— H. Jackson Brown Jr.
11) “If you can help a child, you don’t have to spend years repairing an adult.”
— Joyce Meyer.
12) “Encourage and support your kids because children are apt to live up to what you believe of them.”
— Lady Bird Johnson.
13) “Children are like wet cement whatever falls on them makes an impression.”
— Haim Ginott,
14) “Helping a child today will help prevent a broken adult tomorrow.”
― Kathleen Paydo.
15) “There’s nothing more important in this world than caring for a child.”
― Seth Adam Smith
Foster Care Positive Quotes:-
One of the winning habits for great success is to be positive always. Being positive doesn’t mean there are no stumbling blocks around, but you overlooked them so you can concentrate on winning your game.
Most foster care parents need to be empowered to remain positive when the going becomes tough. Send one or three of these foster care quotes to them for empowerment.
16) “Parenthood requires love, not DNA.”
17) “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
— Mark Twain
18) “We have the opportunity to pour into them what they were created to be, and pull out the treasure that they cannot yet see.”
― Momma Moon.
19) “Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero.”
— Fred Rogers.
20) “Everyone longs to be loved. And the greatest thing we can do is to let people know that they are loved and capable of loving.”
— Fred Rogers.
21) “I always questioned whether I was ready to adopt. Then I realized, no child was ready to be an orphan.”
22) “Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home.”
— Anthony Liccione.
23) “Amid your weakness and the wake of your struggle, “success” as a foster or adoptive parent isn’t measured by your capacity to keep everything in order but by your ability to trust that even in the chaos Jesus is beautiful – and that even in the mess, so is what you’re doing for these kids.”
– Jason Johnson
24) “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
– Mahatma Gandhi.
25) Every kid is one caring adult away from being a success story.”
– Josh Shipp.
Foster Care Quotes About Life:-
26) “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
– Carl Sagan.
27) “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.”
– Thomas Jefferson.
28) Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
– Mark Twain.
28) “You were born with the ability to change someone’s life. Don’t ever waste it.”
29) “The greatest gift you and I have been given is love. While there are many forms of love, the strongest one, and most important for a foster child, is that of unconditional love.” – Foster care quotes about life
– Dr. John DeGarmo.
30) The more healthy relationships a child has, the more likely he will be to recover from trauma and thrive. Relationships are the agents of change and the most powerful therapy is human love.”
– Dr. Bruce Perry.
31) “Every child deserves a champion – an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists that they become the best they can be.”
– Rita F. Pierson.
32) “An aware parent loves all children he or she interacts with – for you are a caretaker for those moments in time.”
– Doc Childre.
33) “There is no better gift to give a child than a family.”
34) “Love makes a family.”
35) “There are no unwanted children. Just unfound families.”
Foster Care Quotes About Money:-
36) “Sometimes our work as caregivers are not for the faint of heart. But, you will never know what you are made of until you step into the fire. Step bravely!”
― Deborah A. Beasley
37) “We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It’s easy to say ‘It’s not my child, not my community, not my problem.’ Then some see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes.” – Foster care quotes to make you laugh.
38) “Never underestimate how much you can love someone and how it can change their life. Never forget that the hardest ones to love are the ones that need it most.”
39) “Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you.”
-H. Jackson Brown Jr.
40) “People say ‘he’s so lucky to have you.’ The truth is I’m so lucky to have him.”
41) “Hundreds of thousands of kids now have a chance to be adopted because I worked on our adoption and foster care system. ”
– Hillary Clinton
42)” “A child born to another woman calls me mom. The depth of the tragedy and the magnitude of the privilege is not lost on me.”
43) “I may not have carried you for 9 months but I will spend the rest of my life loving you, protecting you, and doing whatever I need to make you happy.”
44) “What makes a family is neither the absence of tragedy nor the ability to hide from misfortune, but the courage to overcome it and, from that broken past, write a new beginning.”
― Steve Pemberton.
45) “Parenthood requires love, not DNA.”
46) “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.”
– Mahatma Gandhi.
47) “Sometimes our work as caregivers are not for the faint of heart. But, you will never know what you are made of until you step into the fire. Step bravely!”
― Deborah A. Beasley.
48) “Why hold on to someone when you know you have to let them go?”
-A Foster Child.
49) “If every Christian family brought in a child who needed a family we would put the foster care system out of business.”
— Shane Claiborne.
50) “With every word we utter, with every action we take, we know our kids are watching us. We as parents are their most important role models.”
– Michelle Obama.
51) “Fostering takes time, but love arrives instantly.”
52) “I am not afraid to grieve. I am afraid of what will happen to these children if no one took the risk to love them.”
53) “I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two.”
— Bob Constantine.
54) “Despite the best of efforts, many foster children are neither reunited with their families nor adopted.” – Foster care quotes about money.
— Charles Bass.
55) “As an adoptive parent myself of foster children, I have seen firsthand the glaring problems of the system currently facing this Nation.”
— Dennis Cardoza
I hope you will love these foster care quotes. Please, send it to any foster care parents you know for encouragement. I bet you will put smiles on their faces with these.
I am your in-house counselor. See you at the top.