89 Super interesting quotes on adoption for every couple.
If you are looking for powerful quotes on adoption, check these out. I have selected 61 power full quotes on adoption for you that helps to easyourou stress as you go through the adoption process.
Adopting a baby is such a wonderful experience. Although you will pass through rigorous and smooth parts as you go along, with these heartwarming quotes on adoption, you are sure to enjoy every part Of your adoption journey.
In these adoption quotes, you will read about the feelings of other families who have gone through adoption before you. That will be great, isn’t it? Many of them were able to capture their adoption experiences on these quotes just to motivate you when you feel like giving up.
You can’t wait to see these special quotes on adoption so let’s check them out now.
61 Quotes on adoption Quotes On adoption for every couple.
1. “There are times when the adoption process is exhausting and painful and makes you want to scream. But, I am told, so does childbirth.”– Scott Simon
2. “When people tell me how lucky my children are, I offer a reply that upholds the girls’ dignity while acknowledging the complicated truth. ‘No,’ I say, ‘we are all blessed to have found each other.’”— Julie Higgenbotham
3. “The circumstances surrounding your birth are not as important as the opportunity to live.”— Lailah Gifty Akita
4. “The world may not change if you adopt a child, but for that child, their world will change.”— Unknown
5. “Adoption is the most intentional process on Earth.”– Jody Cantrell Dyer
6. “We look at adoption as a very sacred exchange. It was not done lightly on either side. I would dedicate my life to this child.”– Jamie Lee Curtis
7. “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.”— Robert A. Heinlein
8. “We do not need to know the beginning of a child’s story to change the ending.”— Fi Newood
9. “Adoption is a commitment that enter into blindly, but it is no different than adding a child by birth. It is essential that adopting parents are committed to parenting this child for the rest of their live, and committed to parenting through the tough stuff.”– Brooke Randolph
10. “I am a living testament you can be adopted and successful.”— Daunte Culpepper
Cute Adoption Sayings
I selected these collections of adoption sayings and poems to inspire you to write your adoption poems, sayings and adopted child’s scrapbook, etc. See below for what to write.
11. “You may not have my eyes or smile but from that very first moment, you had my heart.”
12. “Adoption is: Love. Commitment. Courage. Family. Charity. Adventure. Happiness. A wonderful experience. And so much more”
13. A child born to another woman calls me mommy. The magnitude of that tragedy and the depth of that privilege is not lost on me.Jody Landers
14. “Having an adopted baby brings a whole new meaning to the saying “It’s the little things in life.”Eva Dittmer
15. “God knew that it doesn’t matter how your children get to your family. It just matters that they get there.”Kira Mortenson
16. A child born to another woman calls me mommy. The magnitude of that tragedy and the depth of that privilege is not lost on me.Jody Landers
17. “Biology is the least of what someone makes a mother.”Oprah Winfrey
18. “Parenthood requires love not DNA”
19. Bound by love. Joined by hearts. Sent from heaven. A gift from God.
20. Every kid is one caring adult away from being a success story.Josh Shipp
Quotes About Adoption For A Birth Mother.
21. “If you have the heart for adoption, don’t let fear stand in the way.”
~ Doug Chapman
22. “A birth mother always puts the needs of her child above the wants of her heart.”~ Unknown Author
23. “Adoption is not the call to have the perfect rosy family. It is the call to give love, mercy, and patience.”~ Unknown Author
24. “I was chosen. I was wanted. I was cherished. I grew in their hearts. I was the missing piece. I was loved. I was adopted.”~ Unknown Author
25. “Adoption: if a baby is not a blessing for you right now, let them be a blessing to someone else.”~ Unknown Author
26. “All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.”~ Helen Keller
27. “Adoption is another word for love.”~ Unknown Author
28. “Giving birth does not make her a mother. Placing a child for adoption does not make her less of one.”~ Unknown Author
29. “A Birthmother puts the needs of her child above the wants of her heart.”— Skye Hardwick
30. “Children and mothers never truly part, bound together by the beating of one another’s heart.”— Charlotte Gray
Exclusive Adoption Quotes Short.
Here are a few short but powerful adoption quotes that will boost your spirit as you go through your adoption journey. You will learn so much from this section, especially how to express your love to the adopted child and your family at large. Enjoy!
31. “Superman was adopted.”
32. “If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart.”
33. “Adoption is another word for love
33. “You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
34. “Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own.”
35. “I was chosen, I was wanted, I was cherished, I grew in their hearts, I was the missing piece, I was loved, I was adopted.”
36. “Adoption is a beautiful, burdensome blessing.”― Jody Cantrell Dyer
37. The family is God’s greatest masterpiece.
38. “We should not be asking who this child belongs to, but who belongs to this child.”— Jim Gritter
39. “All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.”— Helen Keller
40. “My adoption was treated as a celebration.”— Michael Reagan
41. “Adoption is a journey of faith, from beginning to end.”— Johnny Carr
42. “I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two.”— Bob Constantine
43. “Foster care is risky. Adoption is risky. Love itself is always risky.”— Orphan Justice
44. “Adoptive Mom? I am Mom. I need no other label or prefix.”— Joanne Greco
45. “And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.”— Matthew 18:5
Quotes On Adoption, Exclusively From The Adoptive Children.
46. Adoptees deserve open records because deception and partial truths do not set us freeDaShanne Stokes
47. But Nita had always seen having a child as selfish. Why bring another soul into this world, she’d say, when there are so many out there that need our help?Ramez Naam
48. Adoption isn’t just a childhood experience, it’s a life-long experience.DaShanne Stokes
49. Adoptee rights are everyone’s rights, and they deserve to be protected.DaShanne Stokes
50. “Adoption is a lifelong journey. It means different things to me at different times. Sometimes it is just a part of who I am. Other times it is something I am actively going through.”Kelly DiBenedetto,
51. It’s illegal to deny people their records due to race or gender. Adoptees deserve the same rights and protections.
52. “My birth mother brought me into this world, but it was my adoptive parents who gave me life.”— Christina Romo
53. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.”— Desmond Tutu
54. “God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.”— Ephesians 1:5
55.“By choice, we have become a family, first in our hearts, and finally in breath and being. Great expectations are good; great experiences are better.”— Richard Fischer
Sad Adopted Child Quotes.
Here are some honest and sad quotes on adoption from the adoptee. You can imagine how they are expressing their feelings concerning the adoption. Such an interesting thing to read. See them below.
56. Our past is part of who we are…I have four parents (more actually, since my in-laws have been parents to me, too). Despite the nay-sayers, I am actually capable of loving more than two people in the world.”
57. “The love and relationship between me and my adoptive parents is the same as any other family with biological children.”
58.“I am very happy & sad that i was adopted because 1. I have very nice adopted parents That is why I am happy & 2. I was never able to grow up with my birth cousins. That is why I am sad. You ask if i ever want to see my birth family ever again here is my answer I really don’t know if i want to.”
59.“My love for my birth parents in no way takes away love from my parents. It’s not a pie.”—Jeanne Modderman
60. “Who we are and who we come from matter, raising a healthy adoptee is possible but you must be willing to embrace the entirety of their story, even the parts that challenge your deepest insecurities.”—Rebecca Dolan
61. “Don’t try to silence me or my thoughts on being adopted. I have a voice and everything I say is truth and valid. I been through it, therefore, I know. This is my story.”—I Am Adopted
If you have read these quotes on adoption to this point, then you are wonderful. May God be with you as you go through your adoption process. May you also find the road to adoption easy and stress-free for you. God bless you.